Suffered a dog bite due to someone else's negligence? Assert your right to quick and fair compensation.
The Role of Negligence and Dog Bite Injury Claims
In dog bite cases, the first question we ask is whether the dog owner was negligent. Did they leave a gate open, fail to put their dog on a leash, or not restrain the dog despite signs of an imminent attack? If so, they can be liable for the resultant harm. Proving negligence requires gathering evidence, witness statements, and expert testimony, all of which a skilled personal injury lawyer like those at Vames, Wang & Sosa Injury Lawyers can handle.
Act Quickly Following a Dog Bite
After a dog bite incident, you need to act quickly. You should obtain the name, address, and contact information of the dog owner. You should take photos of the wounds and seek prompt medical care. If your own dog was injured as well, be sure to photograph their bites and save any veterinary bills. You might also consider notifying your local animal control organization to report the attack and verify that the offending dog is up-to-date on its vaccinations. All of this can be overwhelming, especially when you are injured, and the lawyers at Vames, Wang & Sosa are here to help you through this process.
What Tactics Do Insurance Companies Use to Avoid Paying?
In dog bite cases, insurance companies will use particular tactics to try to minimize your recovery, including -
- Questioning the Severity: They might argue that the injuries aren't as severe as claimed, necessitating less compensation.
- Blaming the Injured Person: Suggesting that the injured person provoked the dog or trespassed in an attempt to shift some or all blame away from their policyholder.
- Exploiting Policy Exclusions: Many insurance policies have breed-specific exclusions or refuse to cover dogs with a history of aggression. They'll closely examine policy terms to see if they can somehow decline coverage.
- Disputing Medical Bills: They may contest the cost of medical treatment, arguing that it is excessive or unrelated to the dog bite incident.
- Offering Quick, Low Settlements: They might offer a quick but inadequate settlement in hopes that the injured person, desperate for any compensation, will accept.
Experienced attorneys, like those at Vames, Wang & Sosa Injury Lawyers, know the intricacies of dog bite insurance claims. They can effectively counter tactics employed by insurance companies.
Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
If you or someone you know has been injured by a dog bite, navigating the intricacies of insurance claims can be daunting. But you don't have to go it alone. We have extensive experience with dog bite cases at Vames, Wang & Sosa Injury Lawyers, bringing a wealth of knowledge and a deep understanding of insurance tactics. We aim to ensure that clients receive the compensation they deserve without getting overwhelmed or outmaneuvered by insurance companies.
Areas of Expertise:
Car accident injuries
Motorcyle accident injury
Semi-truck accident injury